Working for Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Equal Rights
As a valued Human Rights Campaign (HRC) employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. HRC also offers an inclusive work environment committed to diversity and work/life balance, professional development opportunities, rewards and recognition for outstanding performance, and a culture that advocates community outreach and philanthropy.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits: HRC offers a triple option plan through CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield that allows staff members to select the type of plan that best suits their individual and family health needs. The triple option plan consists of an HMO, Healthy Blue, and a PPO. We offer coverage for the individual, spouse/domestic partner and family. Coverage starts the first day of employment.
• Financial Security: HRC provides its staff members with basic life, accidental death and dismemberment, short term disability and long term disability insurance. Staff members also have the option to purchase additional life insurance (portable) via payroll deduction.
• Retirement Plans: We offer one of the most generous 401(k) plans to our staff members. HRC contributes to the staff member’s account regardless of the staff member’s active participation. After 90 days of service, HRC will contribute 4% of first $40K, 3% of salary above $40K, THEN MATCH ½ ofthe first 4% you contribute.
• Paid Time Off: We offer time off programs that include Vacation, Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Personal Time, Sick Leave, Parental Leave, Sabbatical Leave, Education Leave, Family/Medical Leave. We also follow the Federal Government with regard to closings, delayed arrivals and unscheduled leave (formerly “liberal leave”).
• Employee Discounts: Discounted rates on fitness centers, financial institutions, Employee Assistance Programs, and much more.
All full-time staff members are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package. In some instances, part-time staff members may be eligible for certain benefits.